Covid-19 Update: Infection Control and Operations
To our Polaris Eye Care family,
Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation as we maintain social distancing and safety protocols recommended by the CDC and American Optometric Association. Our #1 priority continues to be the health and safety of our patients, their families, and our staff.
Telehealth services will continue to be provided when appropriate. Patients are encouraged to order contact lenses via our website or by phone to limit in office traffic.
As a reminder, a list of our social distancing guidelines and office protocols follows.
Again, we thank you for your cooperation, so that we may provide the highest quality eye care while keeping you and your family safe. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Shewring, Dr. Lybarger, and the team at Polaris Eye Care.
Patients/Visitors in office:
- Our office hours will be available (for the time being) to patients/visitors BY APPOINTMENT ONLY (this includes our Optical Dispensary)
- If a guest does arrive without an appointment, they may be asked to wait outside or in their car in order maintain appropriate social distancing guidelines inside the office and will then be notified for entry.
- Patients should enter the office unaccompanied by friends, family, or guests
- With the exception of minors requiring a guardian, or patient requiring full-time caretaker (these exceptions should be limited to 1 additional individual)
- ALL patients and visitors will be expected to wear their own mask or face covering for the entirety of their visit. (GAITER masks and VALVE masks are NOT PERMITTED.)
- ALL patients and visitors will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms upon their arrival
- This will include taking patient temperatures.
- Any patients exhibiting signs/symptoms of Covid-19 will need to reschedule their appointment.
- ALL patients will be required to sanitize their hands upon arrival and observe the appropriate 6 ft of social distancing from others
- Patients may be asked to complete paperwork/payments/exam history forms online BEFORE coming to the office
- Most forms are found on our website www.polariseyecare.net
- Patients should expect to receive an email/text to “Check-In” to their appointment to complete intake paperwork on their mobile device/computer.
- Patients will be asked to remain in their vehicles and call/text the office upon their arrival. A staff member will notify you when your appointment is ready to begin and you may enter the office.