Covid-19 Update: Reopening May 6th
To our Polaris Eye Care family,
We are excited to announce we are reopening on May 6th! As we begin to see our patients back in office, we will be operating with new safety protocols recommended by the CDC and American Optometric Association. Our #1 priority will continue to be the health and safety of our patients, their families, and our staff. We will be taking all steps necessary to help prevent the spread of Covid-19 through various disinfection and social distancing practices. Telehealth services will continue to be provided when appropriate. Patients are encouraged to order contact lenses via our website or by phone to limit in office traffic. We appreciate your patience and cooperation with these new guidelines so that we may provide the best protection possible.
Patients/Visitors in office:
- Our office hours will be available (for the time being) to patients/visitors BY APPOINTMENT ONLY (this includes our Optical Dispensary)
- If a guest does arrive without an appointment, they may be asked to wait outside or in their car in order maintain appropriate social distancing guidelines inside the office and will then be notified for entry.
- Patients should enter the office unaccompanied by friends, family, or guests
- With the exception of minors requiring a guardian, or patient requiring full-time caretaker (these exceptions should be limited to 1 additional individual).
- ALL patients and visitors will be expected to wear their own mask or face covering for the entirety of their visit.
- ALL patients and visitors will be screened for Covid-19 symptoms upon their arrival
- This will include taking patient temperatures.
- Any patients exhibiting signs/symptoms of Covid-19 will need to reschedule their appointment.
- ALL patients will be required to sanitize their hands upon arrival and observe the appropriate 6 ft of social distancing from others when possible.
- Patients will be asked to complete paperwork/payments/exam history forms online BEFORE coming to the office
- Most forms are found on our website polariseyecare.net
- Patients will receive a text asking them to “check-in” to their appointment to complete intake paperwork on their mobile device or computer.
- Patients will be asked to remain in their vehicles and call or text the office upon arrival. A staff member will notify you when your appointment is ready to begin and you may enter the office.
- The first hour Monday, Wednesday, and Friday will be reserved for our more vulnerable patients.
Again, we thank you for your cooperation, so that we may provide the highest quality eye care while keeping you and your family safe. Please feel free to call, text, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Shewring, Dr. Lybarger and the team at Polaris Eye Care.
P.S. Please note we are not able to take phone calls until May 6th. If you need assistance, text or email prior to Wednesday.